Thai Business Visa
What is the Thai business visa? If you are planning on working in Thailand then you will need to obtain a business visa before entering Thailand. In order to obtain this visa you will normally need certain documents as they will enquire as to what it is that you will be doing in Thailand. In order to apply for a work permit in Thailand you will need to first have a business visa or a marriage visa.
Thai Business Visa
Note that there is no such visa called a “Work Visa” in Thailand. The business visa does not give you any right to work in Thailand.
If you are going to start a business then you first need to register your business. Once the business has been registered in Thailand you can now use this to apply for a work permit for yourself. The following would be needed for the work permit from the business. The company only needs to comply with one of the business needs as listed below:
The Business needs:
- – You’re working for a company with a registered capital of at least 2,000,000 Thai Baht;
- – You’re working for a business that has paid tax for 3 years before of not less than 5 million THB;
- – Also you’re working for an export business that has remitted forex of 3,000,000 Baht the year before;
- – You’re working in a business that employs 50 Thai employees.
- – You’re have a registered Thai company with a minimum of 2,000,000 THB capitalisation as well as a current VAT certificate.
Depending on what type of employment you are going to be taking the documents for the Thai Embassy will vary based on this. Below is an example of the difference in documents which may be needed for the business visa for Thailand to be issued:
- 1. Letter of invitation from a Thai company;
- 2. Copy of your resume;
- 3. Company registration documents;
- 4. Teachers licence if you have one (Teacher)
These would be the basic documents needed for a business visa in Thailand. Applying for the work permit however requires more documentation and this includes a health certificate.
Thai Business Visa Process
See the listing on this website for more information about applying for the work permit in Thailand. Note that the business visa is only for 90 days and you need to obtain your work permit before the 90 days expires.
You can still obtain a multiple entry business visa however not at the Thai Embassies in Asia. You will need to have a letter from a Thai company to obtain this and they would have to explain why it needs to be a multiple entry business visa. Many people use the business visa to come to Thailand to look for goods to export back to their home countries. The 90 days usually gives them more than enough time to get this done.
Note also that there has been a visa crackdown in Thailand for the past 2 years on what Thai Immigration views as visa abuse. Those living in Thailand on the incorrect visa.