UK Spouse Visa in Thailand
The UK spouse visa in Thailand is explained below. After registering your marriage in Thailand, you are now eligible to apply for a UK Spouse Visa for your Thai wife. The UK Spouse Visa permits you to take your wife back to the UK, allowing her to seek employment provided that all the paperwork has been completed. You can apply for this type of visa as soon as your marriage certificate has been issued.
UK Spouse Visa Requirements for Thai wife:
- – Both UK national and Thai spouse should be 18 years or older;
- – Both UK national and Thai spouse should have met in person and should be legally married;
- – Both UK national and Thai spouse should intend to reside together permanently in the UK;
- – UK national should be financially capable to support yourselves in the UK;
- – UK national should have annual earnings of more than GBP 18,600 British Pounds; *
- – UK national should have proper residence to accommodate themselves including any dependents of the Thai spouse;
- – Thai spouse should be able to satisfy the English Language requirements and TB Test;
– annual earning requirement may differ depending with additional dependents*
The process of visa application in Bangkok relies on a lot of factors in which it should take about three months to complete. The UK Spouse Visa is normally issued with a validity of 33 months, and then the Thai wife would have to apply in the UK for permission to remain permanently. The UK Spouse Visa can also be extended for 5 years wherein the Thai wife can then apply for the Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). She will then be able to apply for her British citizenship.
If the Thai wife has difficulty speaking English, she might encounter problems applying for the visa as she needs to have her language skills evaluated by an approved test provider. Her language skills are thoroughly checked as it is needed for her to communicate properly in the UK.
Requirements for Thai spouse:
- – Current passport or other valid travel documents;
- – Passport-sized photo, colored,
- – Proof of relationship with the UK national;
- – Proof of financial capability;
- – Proof of English knowledge if applicant is more than 18 years old;
- – Medical test results for Tuberculosis;
- – Police Clearance Certificate;
Note that if the Thai wife has experienced being deported from the UK before, obtaining a visa would be very tight. All documents needed for the application should be gathered properly to make sure that there are no complications.